Sal Snickerz - Coach
- No-gi Jiu jitsu Black belt under world champion Daniel Valverde
- Black Belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu under Daniel Valverde
- 3rd degree black belt Kickboxing Sport Kickboxing Federation
- 2nd degree black belt Tae Kwon Do National Team Western Canadian champion masters invitation champion
- Brown belt Judo
- Certified under World Professional Muay Thai Federation
- Certified Sport Kickboxing trainer
- Certified under Sangmorakot Gym Thailand as a Muay Thai trainer
- Certified under the World Professional Boxing Association of Thailand
- COMMAND course Referee Big John McCarthy official (ABC)
- COMMAND course Judging certified Big John McCarthy official (ABC)
- C.A.S.K certified official for amateur K1,Muay Thai, kickboxing (national level 1-2)
- Masters Invitational Champion
- Grand Champion x2 Gold medal
- Western Canadian Pankration(MMA) Champion
- Combat Athletics Gold medal (submission wrestling)
- SKF Light heavyweight Kickboxing Champion
- Tiger Balms Modifed Pankration Gold and Silver medalist
- Fireball Challenge Champion Gold medalist Middleweight and Open/heavyweight
- Fight of the night SHOOTO WINNER
- Stadium champion Phuket Thailand/ Patong beach
- Judo opens Bronze medal
- Professional, MMA, Muay thai, and kickboxing experience
- Amateur Boxing experience
- Certified weight trainer (fitness knowledge, weight training 1-2 BCRPA)
- Certified Sport Sciences including weight training,advanced weight training, exercise physiology, bio mechanics of the human body
- Official for BC athletic Commission
The owner of MMA Masters in Miami, Florida where he coaches some of the top fighters in the world today.
DanielDaniel Valverde was born on August 10, 1976 in Bahia, Brazil. Daniel is the son of Belmiro Valverde, a Judo black belt who actively competed well into his 60's. Belmiro began teaching Daniel the art of Judo from the age of four and saw him earn his black belt at age 19. In 1991 Daniel began studying Jiu-Jitsu as a way to compliment his Judo. His gym, Academia Shiozawa, offered BJJ as part of their curriculum. Daniel's first instructor was Mestre Serrinha. He studied under Serrinha until he was a purple belt, competing often. In 1996, as a purple belt, Valverde defeated a man in a Jiu-Jitsu super fight that would later become his good friend, Rodrigo "Minotauro" Norueira.
Oswaldo Alves came into Daniel's life when he moved to Rio de Janeiro and began training with the legendary coach. Daniel earned his brown and black belt (2001), from Master Alves. A few years later, Daniel travelled to America. After establishing himself as an elite competitor and World Champion, Daniel reconnected with his old friend, Rodrigo Nogueira, who by that time had become an MMA superstar.Rodrigo would later ask Daniel to be his grappling coach for Seaon 8 of the hit reality TV show, The Ultimate Fighter . Duriing the filiming of the show, Daniel traded harsh words with one of the contestants, Jui0Jitsu Champion, Vinny Magaihaes. The rivalry was eventually settled through a Jiu-Jitsu super fight where Daniel defeated Magaihas despite giving up close to 30 lbs and having very little time to prepare.
- Started Judo in March of 1972
- Fought competitively from 1972-1978
- Fought on the BC Team from 1977-1978
- Received Shodan (1st Degree) Black Belt in May 1982
- Received Nidan (2nd Degree) Black Belt in December 1987
- Received Sandan (3rd Degree) Black Belt in December 1993
- Received Yondon (4th Degree) Black Belt in December 2005
- Received Godon (5th Degree) Black Belt in June 2012
Coach Shawna started training traditional martial arts at an early age. She teaches the women's only conditioning as well as working with our athletes on their fitness programs and goals. She is a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and has been training Muay Thai for the past seven years. Shawna is also a full time mother of two and she is and active fitness, bikini, and grappling competitor.
- Guro of indigenous fighting arts of the Philippines
- Official Representative of Kali Mikita. Under Punong Guro Mark Mikita, training since 1998
- Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do Concepts and Filipino Martial Arts, official representative under Paul Vunak’s Progressive Fighting
- Black belt instructor in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, under official Gracie representative Wellington Megaton Dias, and training BJJ since 1995. Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist (open and personal weight divisions) Rickson Gracie International Jiu-Jitsu Championships in 1997 and 2000
- Guro of indigenous fighting arts of the Philippines. Official Representative of Kali Mikita. Under Punong Guro Mark Mikita, training since 1998.
- Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do Concepts and Filipino Martial Arts, official representative under Paul Vunak’s Progressive Fighting systems and Trevor Clarkson’s Creative Fighters Guild, training since 1992.
- Black belt instructor in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, under official Gracie representative Wellington Dias, training since 1995 and Trevor Clarkson’s Creative Fighters Guild training since 1992. Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist (open and personal weight divisions) Rickson Gracie International Jiu-Jitsu Championships in 1997 and 2000.
- Involved in martial arts since 1986
Sanjay "SJay" Rekhi
- Wrestling experience for over 10 years
- Cadet National Champion 84kg
- 2x Alternate for Canadian National team 84kg
- 2nd at Canadian Jr. National championship 84kg
- B.C. Summer games Gold Medalist 84kg
- 2x bronze medalist in B.C. provincials 84kg
© 2014 Clinch MMA & Fitness